Sunday, December 11, 2011

How do I get him to ask me out?

I'm a first-year in college and I have a crush on my calculus TA (he's my age though). I think he's into me too, but he hasn't asked me out. I don't know if he has a girlfriend. I think I might have to give him a little shove but I'm kinda shy and don't know how I should.



I was thinking about making a comment about his beard. He didn't have one at first but now it's growing and growing everyday. I was gonna say something jokingly like ';What's with the beard? I bet your girlfriend doesn't appreciate it,'; to see if he has one. And then tell him that he looks good with or without it so he knows I think he's cute. Do you think he'll take it the right way if I make a remark about his beard?

Do you think he would come around to asking me out then? Or do you think I'd have to do more than that? I don't wanna come off as desperate. Could anyone give me some other ideas? Oh yeah, and he's from Italy if that helps.



Extra Info



He's my TA, but he's a second-year. Actually, I should be a second-year too but I deferred. And he just helps us with homework. I don't think it's that big of a deal.



We've talked before. We talk pretty much after every session. The first conversation he started with me. He told me he has an apartment near campus. He also told me that he's flattered that I come to his tutorial and not to class ;-) he heHow do I get him to ask me out?
I think you should make a move....the beard idea is good because it could come off as your saying it in a teacher student way, in a way to say you like him or to just be kidding. This is good because if he doesnt like you the way you think he does, atleast you wont be embarrassed and can play it off. Good luck.The fact that your a little shy will make your attempt to make a move not seem like a despreration. So I think you should definately make a move and that it doesnt matter that he is a TA. How do I get him to ask me out?
ask him out
How about asking him to have coffee with you?
Wear revailing clothes and give him a ********
If you two are talking as well as you are now, then there's another big reason why you two should try hooking up. If you two feel comfortable around each other, then why not ask him? The worst he can say is no, but let him know that he is a great friend and you are there for him.
i say it sounds like sexual abuse . teacher w/ student no way
He probably hasn't taken things further just yet because he doesn't want you thinking he may be abusing his position.

Wouldn't do any harm if you made the first move. Speaking as a guy, we do actually find it refreshing when the girl asks us out.



Good luck.
Ok...wow. First off, stop panicking. Guys are really simple to understand. If he likes you then he'll start to act like it. As for the beard thing, don't over think it. If you overthink something then it ALWAYS turns out differently then you want it to. Try friending him on facebook or myspace. That will let you know if he's single or not as well as additional info.



Best of luck! Let me know how it goes!
I've never had to ask a guy out, not ever. Never asked for his phone number.

What you have to do is let things slowly build up, let him be the one to initiate any kind of get together outside of class. Let him pursue you. If you don't, then he won't be motivated to come after you. You should be a challenge to him, be a little mysterious.

I do agree that you need to find out if he is single or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment