Sunday, December 11, 2011

Ladies: How do you feel about your male best friends?

I've had such a huge crush on my best friend for more than a year. I asked her back in January how she felt about us dating, and I didn't get the answer I had hoped for. Since then, I'm a few dozen pounds lighter with a new outlook on life.



I know she's starting to see me in a different light, as a fun-loving yet responsible guy who has his life in order. Our conversations have become shorter and more superficial, as she doesn't talk to me about her boy problems or her moods anymore. That makes me wonder if she is trying to distance herself, but at the same time, a part of me that is still madly in love with her wonders if its a sign that she's interested.



I've been beating myself up thinking about it, and I'd like a little perspective. So, ladies, if you were in her position, how would you feel about me?Ladies: How do you feel about your male best friends?
Personally, I think that your name says it all. Find another girl. If your friend really likes you, she will show it by getting jealous. If she doesn't, well, the new girl will help you get over her.Ladies: How do you feel about your male best friends?
There are reasons why some ppl of opposite sex only stay best friends.. so yea either both don't want romance or at least one of the two doesn't. And it takes '2' to make it works =) A lot of times we hope it would gradually turn into something more but it rarely does.



If i were in her position and i genuinely had no feelings for you, i wouldn't be doing what she's doing though ...to distance yourself from your best friends is a bad idea. I'd probably just be upfront about it; make it 110% clear that i just want to be friends. The rest rests with the guy. He can go beat himself up thinking why it didn't happen the way he hoped for or ...simply move on =)



I'm sorry but it doesn't sound to me like she's interested in you that way. Not sure how you see it but i'm guessing you still have that tiny itty bitty hope inside of you wishing she is being standoffish cause she may like you too and just doesn't want your friendship to be torn apart if something bad were to happen. Trust me (at least in my very personal opinion) ruining a great friendship is one of the lamest excuses ppl use to make you feel better.



If i really really like a guy, i will not let him fall into my male best friend category in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment