Sunday, December 11, 2011

Dating vs. Parents?

Hey Im 13 and in 7th grade. It seems that everybody in my grade ( at my school ) dates. And my parents still think that I think guys are gross. All I can do is talk about dating with my friends, crushes, etc. But I never can physically date somebody, because I know my parents will find out and be furious. It really frustrates me.


I get dares from my friends telling me to ask people out, or while the teacher is talking infront of the class the girl next to me will be asking everyone in the room if she should go out with a certain person.


I really think that I need to talk to my mom about me dating. I atleast want an age where I have permission. How can I start a conversation with my mom? What should I say? And how did you get permission or your first boy/girlfriend? Thanks so much:)Dating vs. Parents?
i was just like, dad. i have a boyfriend.


and he was like, okay.











why should i need permission? it's my life.not his.Dating vs. Parents?
my dad was just like this.


i just went out with someone, but i kept it a secret.


he eventually found out.


he was mad for like a week, but now he just teases me about it.


yaa.
I don't think you need to date yet , but what you could try is asking a boy over to your house while your parents are home and just chill and ask him if he wants to stay for dinner ... and try group dating your parents might be more open to that.
16 but that was eons ago. I think a 12 year old is still pretty young to be 'dating'. Maybe groups trips to the movies or skateland or amusement park. But not hanging out one on one for any length of time. For one thing it gets boring. He isn't going to be into Hannah Montana, or most of the things that 12 year old girls are into.
Heya





To be honest whenever ive had boyfriends i have kept them a secret from my mum because she just gets too involved.My boyfriend at the moment is the only one she knows about and thats because im 16 and she knows that im sexually active with him. You should just have a talk with your mum and say a guy asked you out and you didnt know what to say incase she was mad. =] xxx
I have the same exact problem!!! I am aloud at 16!!! I dont like that at all. but just talk to her and see what she says.
Well, this is a tricky question.





I think a good way to start off is by saying ';Hey, [whatever you call your mother], a lot of kids at my school are dating. What do you think about that?';





If she says ';I think that's a terrible idea!'; you can then decide if you want to say ';Well, I was wondering if I might be allowed to go on a few dates,'; or ';Oh, I agree completely.'; If you wind up not going on dates, please rest assured that your life can still be a lot of fun.








How did I get permission? Well, I went up to my mother and said ';I'm going to the movies with Boy X, is that all right?';





My mother said ';Well, is it a date?'; I said ';I don't know,'; and she followed that with a ';It would be a good idea to find out, don't you think?';





Of course, I was seventeen at the time...
Okay, I'm a mom to a seventh grade girl.





Just what do you mean by ';dating?'; Are you talking about having a boyfriend, or actually going out with a boy somewhere alone? Because there IS a difference.





My older daughter (17 now) started having boyfriends in seventh grade, with my permission. But she was not allowed to be alone with them, ever. They could come over and hang out at my house, if I was home. Or, they could go to her boyfriend's house, if his mother was home. We took him with our family to Six Flags, and to a baseball game. His family took her mini-golfing and swimming. Or both families would do things together.





If you think you are old enough to have a boyfriend, ask your mom if it would be okay with her. But don't ask her if it's okay for you to be DATING, because she'll picture a guy driving a car to pick you up, and necking with him in the movies, and I can guarantee she'll say NO!





Tell your Mom you want to have a boyfriend, so you can have lunch with him in school, and maybe invite him over sometime to do homework with you while Mom is there. I don't think she'll say no to that.
Well. really, at 13, how on earth do you ';date';? It's not like he can pick you up in his car and take you out to dinner and a movie, is it?





The reason your parents don't want you dating at 13 is because, at this age, a lot of kids are pretending to be older than they really are, emotionally. Dating takes a certain degree of emotional maturity -- you should have enough confidence in yourself to be able to draw a line between acceptable and unacceptable behavior. Many 13 year olds don't, or else they find that they are too eager to please and find themselves engaging in behavior which is not in their best interests.





I think it would be fine to have a ';friend who is a boy';, as long as you and he were taking part in age-appropriate activities. My daughter was never allowed to go to a movie with a group unchaperoned until she was almost 15 -- I saw a lot of bad movies back then. :-) As I explained to her, ';you can't drive, and you have no way to get away if the situation turns into something you aren't comfortable with.'; She didn't like it, but it was either that, or stay home. (I didn't sit WITH them, just in another part of the theatre -- she usually forgot I was there!)





The fact that your friends are ';daring you'; to ';date'; a boy indicates just how shallow their idea of dating is. They obviously look on ';dating'; a guy as just another form of status symbol ';fashion accessory';, just like a Coach purse, not because they are interested in getting to know them. Don't fall for that nonsense, and don't get pushed into dating just because ';everyone else is doing it.';
honey you're 13, dating is pointless to you. You can't pay for your own date, you can't even transport yourself to a date. Wait until you're 16.
i dont get parents and there overly protecting type attitude... my mom never really cared, my dad would be angry but he never really mattered.





When i was 16 i was dating a 23 year old, the only thing my mom ever did was take the lisence plate number and the type of car...





Honestly, sometimes you wont get the permission. Just do what makes you happy as long as y our smart about it
ive never had a convo with my mum about it....shes never known anything about it....not that im hiding it from her, shes just never cared...

No comments:

Post a Comment