Friday, November 19, 2010

I need dating advice and tips?

Ok so there's this guy at my school who I really really like and have been close friends with for a few years now. I've had a crush on him since the 6th grade and we know each other pretty well. I've asked my friends if I should ask him out and half of them said I should go for it and the other half said i shouldn't even talk to him. Now those of my freinds that said I should ask him out said if I don't ask him out now I'll spend my whole life thinking about what could've happened (which is a good point). Those who opposed said if I ask him out I may end up ruining a really good friendship with him and may get rejected (also a good point). Those who opposed also said that what if he's not the right guy and that I might find someone better. But I think that this guy that I like is great he's funny,smart,trustworthy,honest,respectfu鈥?and basically...perfect (in my opinion). Now my problems is I agree with both sides (those who oppose me dating him and those who approve) and if I were to ask him out I don't know how to start or what to say. So if anyone could help me please. Just tell me the basics: Should I ask him out?,If I do ask him out what's a way i can start the conversation and not make him think I'm weird or something?, and any other advice or tips you gus may have on dating and asking out someone. Well thanks for listening! i can't wait to here your great (or not so great) advice!I need dating advice and tips?
lolI need dating advice and tips?
Well i think you 2 just need to start hanging out more and more. It will give you the chance to see if he is really the person you think he is, and it will give him the chance to get to know you better.





and honestly, hes probably not the ';perfect guy'; for you. Your only in what? middle school, high school..but relationships are always funn :)





so just give it time, and if your hearts tellin you to ask him out in the end, well then do it.
GO FOR IT.... DON'T THINK TOO MUCH ABOUT IT THOUGH! JUST GO FOR IT! if he says no its called F*CK YOU and theres soooo many other people out there for me
hahaha. i think u should go for it. i mean, what can you lose? he shouldn't think your a freak cause your way too good of friends (according to what you've said)
just do it. risk it wut the hellO
if your close friends with him try to find out who he likes or somthin. then if he dosent like you then continue being friends.


good luck!
definetly ask him out. I was in the same situation, and I came clean with him. He was shy and said he didn't feel that way, but he was the sweetest thing about it, and such a nice guy. I was upset for a few days, but came out of it, and now we're flirting again, lol. But think about it- there's a reason you liked him for so long, so even if he doesn't feel the same way he'll be flattered and really nice and respectful and sweet. I'm even glad I made that move with the guy, because after that things started to change, and our lives changed so we couldn't see each other as much. The way I see it after that whole thing is ';at least SOMETHING happened.'; And now that he's thinking about it, I think he might be starting to like me! Thats the way it works sometimes. After you tell them, and they say no, they start to actually life you! Funny, but true. I'm seeing the guy and talking to him more now, so things are going really well. You sound like you've thought this out and if he rejects you, you sound mature enough to pull through it. The way that I pulled through with my guy friend, is I just apologized over facebook for putting him in an awkward situation, and he was relieved :) we're totally cool now. One thing that helped me through the heartbreak at first, surprisingly enough, was talking to my mom. Moms have more experience than we do, and they actually might know what to do in that kind of situation.


Anyway, that I'm trying to say is, even if he rejects you, it SERIOUSLY won't be that bad in the end. Just think of it like this ';at least he knows now and can think about it, and at least something happened.'; If it turns out great, then even better!!!!!! the point is, once you already like someone as a friend and learn they're interested, it gets hard to not start thinking about them that way.


I only have one more bit of advice for when it comes to talking to him- make SURE he hears the words ';I really like you'; from you. If you don't start out with that, he'll either think you're getting ready to make fun of him (even though it's not likely) or aren't really into him and are just wondering. Guys can be stupid and paranoid, so let him know first how you feel, then ask him out. if he says no, then things will turn out OKAY in the end. I promise! If he's really your friend, he'll at least be flattered that you're into him, and let you down as easily as possible.


PS- my guy friend is really- PAINFULLY- shy. I mean, to a fault. At least around girls, he is just way intimidated. And we are still A-okay. If anything, the situation made us closer.


Sometimes for love to work, you have to let it *all* hang out there. Trust me, I've had experience
i would say that your only in high school so just go for it! you only live once make the most of it. the worst possible scenerio is that he says no. if he gets wierd around you just because you asked him out once you obviously dont have that good of a friendship in the first place. if hes perfect for you then why not? so yes you should ask him out. and to ask him out i would just be completely honest with him and say you kind of like him and you want to hang out sometime





idk hope that helps!
You're probably not going to get really good advice about your love life in 100 words or less from people on the internet. It's pretty clear you're hoping people will tell you to ask this guy out. But my hunch is you're better off staying friends with him. My reasoning is: If you two have known each other for a few years and he hasn't already asked you out, that suggests he doesn't think of you in that way, and if you try to get romantic with him, you might wind up rejected and spoiling the friendship too. As for living a life of bitter regret, I don't think so. The real world is so much bigger than it appears to be in high school. A few short years from now, you will hardly remember who this guy was. But good luck.
Putting myself in your shoes and where i was in 6th grade. I can tell you that there are a few girls that i wish i had the courage to ask out, but never did. I later found that one of these individuals also harbored a crush on me, but by the time could come forward to it, the time had already passed and i missed the opportunity.








My advice to you is to go for it. Worst case scenario, he says no......And even then, if thats the worst thing that could happen to you in your life, then you got it pretty easy....you could just as easily be set on fire, or struck down by lightning...No is no big deal.





And even if he does say No....If you are friends with him like you say, it will not destroy your relationship, in fact, the openness will often times strengthen your relationship, and make your bond stronger.





Do it for yourself, not for your friends.
  • asian hair
  • email web hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment