Friday, November 19, 2010

Shy depressed teenage girl 14, read to see problems?

Well firstly, i find myself getting depressed a lot. i feel like just because im quiet, people can walk all over me. there was this one girl who i was friends with for 6 months last year, january to june %26amp; for her birthday i gave her $20, she came to my birthday, told me she forgot it and would give it to me again. so we met up over the holidays %26amp; she gave me a card. she knew from my birthday that i didnt open other presents i recieved until i got home. when i got home i found an empty card. we also planned on meeting in town one day for a festival %26amp; she ditched me. Barely anyone in school likes her, but it annoys me how she doesnt realise when in class my friend %26amp; i are having a private conversation %26amp; she buts in, and how she thought it was perfectly fine for her to treat me badly %26amp; why did i forgive her? i told myself last term i'd cut her out of my life but so far it hasnt happened. i want to show her im done with being treated badly. Also, at school i find when a group of girls who are my friends but not bestfriends get talking, im always very quiet. i feel like what i have to say isnt good enough, and why wouldnt it be? im just as smart and even smarter than them. i feel like i've been walked on so many times. Then at home, i have no respect for my parents, i wish i did, but i dont. i shout at them, curse infront of and once or twice at them, blame them if something is missing, give out if food isnt there which happens like once in a month, i always get what i want but i feel like i have no appreciation for them. is it maybe because i'm so quiet at school i feel the need to give out at home? Also i've never had a boyfriend, i've been asked out by a guy who was kind of punky. the reason i reckon i got asked out only about a month into a new school was because, i started talking to him, wasnt afraid and got his number. now i feel like so afraid to do any of that and havent been asked out since. i guess in my school it works like, if you want your crush to ask you out, you first have to let them know your interested, even if it's just ';hey whats the maths homework?'; but some guys need an even bigger push than that, and with me being shy, well i just dont know what to do. also all the guys in my year are either emo/punk/barely talks/just plain strange and they will find girlfriends who suit them, but im not that girl, and then theres, okay looking-hot looking guys who mainly have an interest in sport. and then theres the girls who arent all that pretty but just cuz they do sport or something they get the boyfriends. im tired of just watching the other girls get chatted up. i dont like anyone in my year because they're all the same but i dont have the confidence to talk to somebody who isnt in my year and has never really noticed me before? its complicated but i need help on all of the problems here. not just one answer. please help me im so depressed.Shy depressed teenage girl 14, read to see problems?
Wow seems like school has not changed much since i was there . ( 1980) Anyway I was like you back then and I had friends who where outsiders like me . It took allot to get out of my shell and I still am shy at times but thanks to being that way I now know how to listen when people need me to . I have a lot of friends who need someone to listen to them and I now know how to . It is rough being that young and having few friends but in time you will be the one people come to when they need a friend and someone to talk to . As for that boy ... try righting a note and telling how you are shy but want to be friends with him . It is a start and if he says no then you know for sure but then if he says ok ..... That girl just ignore her . She will never see you as a friend . Don't tell her anything just don't go out of your way to be rude or be nice to her she will get the point sooner or later and it won't cause you problems .Shy depressed teenage girl 14, read to see problems?
Bizarre how much this sounds like me at 14.

I think to a degree it's normal to feel overwhelmed at that age...

Don't think that just because you are quiet, that you are not worth anyone's time. I was so shy I couldn't even make any friends...and it feels like you are struggling with that as well.

It's going to be really difficult, but you're going to have to make yourself come out of your shell.

Also, something might help is scheduling appointments with the school counselor and just tell him/her all your problems. It will feel so much better to get them out.

It's perfectly okay to be shy...but I understand how you feel like no one hears you and you're trapped because of it.

Try meeting a new person or two...someone outgoing definitely...and they will gradually help you out of your shell. That's how I managed to be less shy.

Also, I understand about the issue with your parents. That's just the age thing...if you are feeling disrespectful of your parents it may be because of your frustration with them for not figuring out what your problems are and helping the right way. My parents just grounded me all the time and my problems only got worse.

Don't feel hopeless, things will start to look up for you as you get older. Things may be hard now, but they never stay that way.

School counselors help a lot, you may want to go there for some answers, or just to be heard. She can work with you on ways to reduce your shyness and get along with your parents.

Good luck, I know 14 can be a tough age...but you'll definitely get through it. Feel free to message if you need to talk.
you sound just like me when i was your age, i was that girl that was targeted to be the outsider, i was teased and bullied, and i didn't even know why, it gave me such a complex, that till this day at 28 years old, i am still kind of scared of people every now and then, but since i am older than you, i can tell you this, don't take it, i regret never standing up for myself, and i regret never standing up to the people that didn't accept me, that one girl, who's your suppossed friend, she's not really your friend, she keeps you around because your shy and she see's that as weakeness and it makes her feel powerful and good about herself that she's got power over you, i had a friend like that, i felt so good once i dropped her butt!!! end the friendship with her, you'll shock the heck out of her and you'll make yourself feel so good!!! i was the quiet girl to in groups, i still am every now and then but i found something that helped me, humor, i'm the funny girl now, i always held myself back from saying stuff cuz i thought i'd sound stupid, but now i say it, and i have people cracking up telling me i should be a comedian, so from now on, just say what you wanna say, who cares how it sounds, if it sounds stupid, you'll all most likely get a laugh from it, but if they stare at you like your crazy, then just tell yourself, no biggie, they don't have any humor or tatse, lol, also, show confindence, i know it's hard but, confidence is what make people gravitate toward you, and if people hate on you, oh well, there's always gonna be haters, even some of the biggest celebs in the world have haters, Britney, Paris, Lindsay, people hate them like crazy, but you know what that hate really is??? It's jealousy!!! So the next time, people make you feel like your nothing, you just gotta remind yourself, that their just doing that, because their insecure about themselves and that you have something or there's something about you that they don't have and they wish they did!!!



also, don't be mean to your parent't, it's not right to take what's going on at school out on them, take your frustrations out on the people that deserve it, but whatever you do, don't hold it in, cuz it will just make you worse
A Lady should show peasants who is boss by making an example.
This sounds like me four years ago.

Sweetheart.

Pull your head up high and carry on. People will always try to bring you down and all you need to do is ignore them. They want you to feel shitty because they do this to you. One day, you will meet the friends you are supposed to be with, you will meet the love of your life and you will not even rememeber that this was happening.

Smile.

It is the most powerful thing you could ever have.

No comments:

Post a Comment