Sunday, November 21, 2010

What's your take on this?

I am bisexual and only my closest friends know it, but I made my crushes known by way of 'role models' - I say that I look up to or idolize a girl, when really it's a crush. One girl, Colleen, I have liked for two years. For a while there were rumors that she was gay, but then she started dating an ex boyfriend of hers again, but they've recently broke up. Colleen has a friend named Rick who is dating my friend Lily, and because of Lily, Rick and I have become really close. The three of us always joke around about how much I 'idolize' Colleen, but niether Lilly nor Rick know I'm bisexual and literally LIKE colleen, but Rick and some of his guy friends, including Colleen's ex, obviously are more serious about this.



Rick texted me today and as the conversation prgressed, he asked me if I had feelings for Colleen. I laughed and denied it, but he pressed at it, almost coaxing an answer from me. He was so gentle and kind and told me he wouldn't mind and whatnot, but I still denied it.



So now I'm all baffled. My sexuality hasn't come up since about four years ago when I came out to my friends. Otherwsie, it's just been a part of me, you know? Now all of the sudden it's become something to deal with and think about, and I almost want to tell Rick, but he may tell Lilly, and I'm not close enough with Lilly for her to know. I'm also wondering if Rick asked me about this seriously because Colleen wanted to know - I mean, there used to be rumors she was gay...maybe that's why she broke up with her boyfriend? I don't know what to think but I'm so flustered and confused from Rick asking me - his kindness and sweetness really threw me for a loop because he's usually a jokester, saracastic and witty.What's your take on this?
I think you should follow your heart. Tell who you feel comfortable telling and see how it all plays out. Roll the dice.

No comments:

Post a Comment