Sunday, November 21, 2010

I think I'm falling for my friend's girl, she's giving me mixed messages. Mature answers only please?

Apolagies about the length, I figure the best way to capture my questions were to capture the entire story in detail.


When nessecary, I will refer to my best friend as 'the guy' and his girlfriend as 'the girl'.


The situation I describe is as follows;





I have feelings for my my best friend's girlfriend, and I am almost certain she reciprocates these feelings. She's gorgeous, intelligent and we have a similar sense of humour. She's embodies the word 'amazing'.





Eleventh Grade (sophomore year) started three weeks ago in Australia, I had been spending alot of time with The Guy previous to the start of school, so naturally I sat with him during the lunch times. He often spoke with adoration of The Girl, but I hardley expected her to be as she was. Seemingly out of The Guy's league.





He dresses in a slumly manner, ripped and torn track pants and faded tee-shirts. He has a kind face though, a trustworthy face. She dresses with style and pseudo-class, high waisted skirts, floral print dresses, all designer. Naturally.





A couple of weeks went by. By the second week of our relationship, me and The Girl had grown frighteningly closer and had developed our own in-jokes and an entirely unique brand of witticisms. She entrusted me with several secrets of hers, some were rather petty, but others would have taken great amounts of courage to produce.





By the end of the third week of our relationship, this week, she had confessed things to me that she had only told her boyfriend. She told me that it was easier to talk to me about these things, than it was to talk to The Guy.





On the Friday of this week (today is Sunday), the three of us, The Girl, The Guy and I attended a house party. We went as a group, but The Guy spent most of the time wrestling around with some old acquaintances. The Girl seemed anxious about something the entire night. She didnt seem to be having as much fun as would be expected from a girl by her description. It was getting close to midnight, by this time we had exchanged several long glances, smiles. She approached me, took my arm and asked me if I wanted to go for a walk, I eagerly accepted her invitation.





We didnt wander far from the house, after 5 minutes of walking we found a pleasant patch of dry grass to sit down on. She has this adorable face that she subconsciously puts on when she's talking about something serious. Without looking into my eyes, she told me that she couldnt stop thinking about me, and that I had been in her thoughts alot lately. She talked about how I was so easy to talk to compared to The Guy. Shortly after she gauged my shock-awe reaction, she looked at me quizzically and said; 'it's not like I have a crush on you or anything'. She then went on to ask me if I had feelings for anyone at our school, I gave her an indirect answer.





The following day we showered at the house and then made our way to another of our friend's houses, as I had previously mentioned that I didnt want to return home until atleast Sunday. We spent most of the day smoking marijuana and drinking pre-mixed vodka, just the four of us. We were running short on cigarettes, so The Girl suggested that we shared one. We went outside and started another meaningful conversation. This one far more comical than the last. Eventually the conversation turned onto her unwillingness to compliment males outside of her relationship.





Before I could take another draw of my cigarette, she started to had unleash wave after wave of complimentary statements such as; 'Your hair is great. I love your style, your persona. I love the way you carry yourself, I love the way you manage to be so easy to talk to.' She then asked me what I thought about her. If there was a perfect opportunity to tell her about my feelings, it was then and there. I tried to put my feelings into words, but I struggled to make a sentance. In a matter of seconds I had realised that it was a futile attempt. So I settled with; 'If I were you, I'd try to achieve a lower bodyfat percentage.' Of course I did not mean what I said, she has a gorgeous figure. Before I even realised what I had done, she burst into tears. She avoided conversation with me for the rest of the day.





I am unsure of several of the things she has done. This is the first time I've felt like this about a girl since I was in the seventh grade. Sleeping with them once and never speaking to them again, is my approach to women. These are almost entirely new feelings for me and I dont know how to deal with them.





I am still uncertain if she has feelings for me or not.


Does she like me?


What actions should I take?I think I'm falling for my friend's girl, she's giving me mixed messages. Mature answers only please?
It seems as if her feelings for you are very deep, all she wants is for you to tell her how you feel. From a girls perspective, they always want to know how the guy feels. You should speak with her, apologize from what you said about her weight, and really mean it. Ask her what would happen if you and her both had undeniable feelings for each other, and where it would go. Chances are you will hurt your best mate if he finds out about how you feel, but unfortunately love comes first. You sound like you really like her, look deep inside and think alot about it. If you decide your feelings are true then tell her. Whatever you do, don't shy away. Communicate, and express your feelings. And yes, she does like you, she has said so herself. So go for it, as long as you don't do anything (kiss, etc), as that is crossing the line and will hurt your mate even more. Hope I helped.I think I'm falling for my friend's girl, she's giving me mixed messages. Mature answers only please?
Mannn u F'd up with that lame *** joke at the end LoL, but when u win her back it will be even better. just kinda ease it on her, she obviously want to know how u feel about her but just let her kno what situation u r in because she is ur friends girl and all there is just a line that is not supposed to be messed with unless she kinds slipped and falls on ur jock then ok cool. but with friends girls dont get too involved because she is with him still. let her know how u feel at the same time why you cant do anything about it (anything to serious, if you kiss her 1 time that would be awsome). she obviously like who u r so you dont even have to change alot about urself. just be cool and attractive but she a lil restraint.. i would still take those walks and keep those convos around tho
Yes, she obviously likes you. It's pretty wrong of both of you to flirt behind your best friend's back, but you can't exactly help who you fall for. Just make sure you are willing to risk your friendship for a girl. It's not always worth it.





Talk to her clearly, find out exactly what she wants and don't do anything without telling your friend first.
Ofcourse she likes u. You don't know much about girls?Do you?eventually, I think the girl will soon break up with the guy if you apologize to her, and I don't mean just say sorry, u practically have to beg . If she breaks up with the guy then I guess that's ur time to play.
Okay...





I can understand that you really like ';The Girl';, but she is going out with ';The Guy';, okay. Thing is, getting involved in these kind of situations especially when its your best friend's girl, can lead to its own consequences. ';The Girl'; seemed to have a crush on you. What you did was stand your distance, and that was a good thing cos if you didn't, that would have caused problems between you three.





Have you tried telling your best friend how you feel? Try and talk to your best friend about it. And then try and apologise to ';The Girl'; about what you said to her.





You said that sleeping once with them, and never speaking to them again. This is just my opinion okay.. but what you are feeling is new. You need to think about how you are going to be able to come about this, being in a serious relationship with someone other than just for sex.





All I can say is just talk to your best friend about it, when you two are alone. He may be upset about it, but he will be happy you told him and will eventually come to terms with it (providing you don't take ';The Girl'; away from him). Other than that, just do what you feel is right really..





Hope this helped mate.
You need to be careful. If you carry on the way you are at the moment, you're going to have to choose between your friend and this girl. Picking one will mean you can't have the other.





All this is assuming that this girl is actually into you. She certainly seems to have an interest, but you could be misinterpreting her attempt to be friendly. Remember also that she is officially with your friend. Would you be comfortable with someone else being that close to your girlfriend?





Ask yourself another question. If this is how the girl behaves with another guy when she already has a boyfriend, what's to stop her doing the same if she was your girlfriend? You need to ask yourself which relationship is more important to you, the one with your friend or the one with this girl.





If you decide it's your friend, then I think you need to chill on the one-on-one contact with this girl, the quiet privates chats etc. Be a friend to her but nothing more, and make it clear that you are not interested in pursuing a relationship.





If you decide you want this girl, you will almost certainly lose or at least severly damage the friendship you have with your friend. Continue with the chats, the semi-flirting, and see where it goes. If it comes to the crunch tell her how you feel, and she'll have to make a decision between him and you.





Best of luck with whatever you choose!

No comments:

Post a Comment