Sunday, November 14, 2010

Everyone! Even if you don't have advice, give me your views please. Controversial relationship?

Ok I am really going to shorten this, thank you for taking your time to help! :-)

-Your kinda going to have to read it all to understand whats going on, and what point I'm at now. This story does start from couple years ago! :-)

Well I live in california, and swing dancing is pretty popular here. Its a really fun, laid back atmosphere (at least were i dance) and the age ranges from 15 to about 40's so theres a good variety of people there. Most everyone is in their eary twenties, because its right next to a college. So anyways I started dancing there when I was 15 and I had alot of fun, made friends, some who were a little older. But I'm very mature from my age (this question may not be a good representation of that but typically I am) and so I fit in well even with the older crowd. I was actually enrolled at a college at that time, trying to get ahead in school. So I was ususally around people older than me. At that time I also looked older than my age...I just had a major growth spirt that year and was about 5'6'', which was fairly tall for that age. And I usually dressed up a little for dance so that contributed to my older look i think. It was pretty much the same crowd every saturday night, and I happened to dance with this one guy in particular a lot. He looked really young, I figured he was close to my age, probably around 17. Well we really hit it off, I mean I started to develop a major crush on him. But we kept things light. One of our conversations we talked about age and I found he was 24! I was shocked and immediatly stopped flirting, and he found out how old I was and was shocked to...he seemed a little hurt to. For two weeks or so after he just said hi and was polite, but didn't start up any conversations, or dance like we normally do. I think both of us had started to feel pretty serious about each other. At various times in the past couple of years hes made some very light flirty remarks, but never directly implied anything. But when I'm cold he always tries to give me his coat, he goes out of his way to open doors for me, hugs me alot, and is always so polite. Well now I am 19 (20 in 4 months) and still dance there, as the years went by me and him remained friends. But he always watches me, we dance alot, couple times each night....and when hes around me he always has a very affectionate look in his eyes...I don't know how to explain it. He actually hasn't dated really either, a couple casual dates but no real relationships. (Which is strange because hes pretty attractive, and really funny and sweet)

And I still have definate feelings for him. I just never ever persued anything because it would have been redicoulus considering my age. But now we are both older....I'm still young, but he seems my age (not that hes immature, just young at heart I guess) and I just don't see the point to not go after someone if you both have feelings. If we'd be happy right? But would it be strange, 9 years...what about the fact he liked me when i was so young? But its not like he knew my age going into it either. I just always have butterflys in my stomache around him, even throughout high school when I was dating around a little, nobody every really replaced that feeling.

Is it just to weird? I think I need to be the one to give the green light if i wanted to go through with this, so he doesn't feel that hes taking advantage of me or being weird or anything.Everyone! Even if you don't have advice, give me your views please. Controversial relationship?
okay, wow....lots of words....umm

i think you should wait, its okay to be in a relationship with him, but you both have to reliaze that the rest of the world is going to judge him for dating a 15 yr old. also you may not want to have a sexual relationship since he could go to jail. but if you guys really like each other, keep it simple. i mean 24 is really old for 15. just be carefull. and just be sure about this, really sure...very very sure!!Everyone! Even if you don't have advice, give me your views please. Controversial relationship?
you wrote a lot.

sorrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyy
I think you guys should consider talking and building toward the relationship more because then you will be sure and age is nothing but a number !! lol
My parents were married when my mom was 18 or 19 and my dad was 27 or 28...they are still together about 45 years later.



You are an adult now. The age difference isn't very important.



Also the fact that he didn't pursue you when you were so young shows a lot of character, respect, etc.
I actually read all of this. which is supriseing; ihaha. anyways; ths might sound cliche' ; but age is but a number. obviously; there is more than a physical attraction. which is rare in relationships. he cares about you [duhh] and its hard to find a man like this. take chances; you will neverrrr know unless you try. i mean; you will at least have the satisfaction of knowing that he could have been THE one.



ya know?



your getting to the age where you need to take chances and grab every oppotunity by the handlebars.

he seems sweet and the way you talk about him; im wanting him now. haha



(sorry for all the spelling errors! its 11:47pm and i need to go to bed)





hope i helped (somewhat.?)
  • bob hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment