Sunday, November 14, 2010

How do you tell your mom that you want to start dating?

I have two different problems going on at once here but they both tie into each other =)



Okay, so, first semester, I met a guy and after a while we became pretty good friends. I had two classes with him but I only talked to him in one of them. I started to have a major crush on him and I think he might have started liking me back. By the end of the semester, I felt like I had to tell him how I felt. But, being shy and all, I chickened out.



Second semester came and I had no classes with him. I thought that maybe I'd move on and forget all about him but I was way off. I can't stop thinking about him! I see him everyday and I regret never telling him how I felt. Problem is: we haven't talked since last semester and I keep imagining it being really awkward to talk to him now.



Here's where it get's tricky, I really like him but I feel like I can't have a relationship with him yet. I will be honest and say that I have never been on a date before. This is mostly because my mom and I disagree on the dating scenerio. I never talk to her about guys because she's built up a wall to block out that conversation and I just can't seem to find the right words to break down that wall without it being awkward.



So, as you can see, I have a very mixed up situation here and I have no idea where to start or what to do. So, if anyone has any advise for what I could do, it would be GREATLY appreciated!How do you tell your mom that you want to start dating?
well theres two paths you can take. the first one ask the guy who you like's friends and see if you can get an answer or you could ask him questions about homework or something (guys like that) after a couple more weeks you could talk to him and say we've been friends for a while now ... and finish that sentence in anyway. if you suceed at getting to him then after a week tell your mom. it will be tricky and you got to be strong. if your mom brings up that wall then you have to stop her. don't back down just because you think she'll punish you in anyway. you have to raise your voice a little and say stop. tell her if you can't date then how come she could at your age. tell her you're responsible enough and you won't give in to peer presure. if she says something like what if you don't make the correct choice and she doesn't want you to get hurt, then tell her you'll be strong and you'll learn from that mistake. if she says something like what if the boy you like will rip you apart from her, you say that will never happen and you'll always be with your mom. (ps if you feel awkward about his your supposed to because this the right thing to do and you've never done it before) Hope this helps best of luck.How do you tell your mom that you want to start dating?
hello

Report Abuse


i just wouldnt tell ma mum and secretly date him and tell her when you get serious. Parents are usually against this kind of thing anyway.
first talk to your mom. maybe she just doesn't know what to say whenit comes to that kind of talk because you are goin to have to talk eventually. and well as for the guy you should talk to him. because he at least deserves to know how you feel. and if he feels the same way then you should let him know about the situation with your mother. and if he really does like you he'll understand.
Well you could just not tell her and ';accidentally'; meet him somewhere like the movies. I would just be straight up though and say';Mom, I want to start dating!'; Wait a few seconds and reflect on her reaction. If she says something along the lines of, ABSOLUTELY NOT!, then wait a couple of says until she is in a good mood and say ';Mom, why exactly can't I date?';

You can just tell the guy you sorta like him, and see if he is interested. If he isn't then pretend to move on. Humans are very jealous and they always want what they can't have! GOOD LUCK!
ok, I was a very similar situation, but it was with my dad. I wasn't supposed to be allowed to date until I was sixteen. Well I was fifteen and a half, and I found out this other guy wanted to ask me out. I knew he wouldn't get mad in front of older relatives, so when we went over to my great aunt and uncle's house, they asked me if I had a boyfriend, and I said no, but I knew someone wanted to ask me out. It completely worked!! My dad let me go out with him, and we had a relationship for almost six months.
I think that for the talking problem would be that you should just go up to him and say hi whenever you can. Once you say hi it comes to a hole new convo.



And for telling your mom i think you should just tell her that you older now and that its time you and her start to talk about dating.

No comments:

Post a Comment