Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Guys - can you 'like' another girl & still be in love with your gf?

The other day, my boyfriend and I were just chit-chatting about our past relationships and during the conversation, one thing he casually mentioned was 'You know, it's kind of funny but I never really stopped liking her' when he was referring to a girl he had a big crush on starting in the sixth grade. After I gave him a weird look, he said not to worry or be jealous because I'm the only one he wants to be with but it's still kind of a funny comment to make.



Also, he said he was talking to one of his really good friends the other day, a girl, and tried to get her to admit that she likes him [because a friend told him so]. He was laughing about how she finally confessed that she did have a crush on him at one point, like almost gloating. I mean, he doesn't outright seriously flirt with any other girls, and he's open and honest with me and actually tells me the conversations he has with other girls, because we were best friends before we started dating.



But it's kind of weird comments to make. It's not really a big deal, just kind of weird. So I guess I'm just curious to see if all you other guys out there, is it normal for guys to be in love with their girlfriend and so serious about her but still never really get over a really old middle school crush or maybe get a little crush on a cute girl every once in a while, that doesn't affect the relationship? We are serious about each other, pretty intent on spending our lives together, so it seems to me that little things like that don't really matter. But just so I'm not being naive about it, I'd like to get guys' opinions.



Thanks!Guys - can you 'like' another girl %26amp; still be in love with your gf?
Yes, I believe it is possible to be in love with one girl and having feelings for another girl. However, he is with you not them for a reason. If I were you, I would tell him that I appreciate his honesty but comments like that make you feel bad and insecure about your relationship.Guys - can you 'like' another girl %26amp; still be in love with your gf?
no, it means that u would have to take some feelings for ur gf and give them to another girl. which means ur interests wander...
Well it's like you say, if you're serious about spending your lives together, and he is just as serious about it, then I don't think you have anything to worry about. It is weird, yeah, but if you two are that close, I wouldn't worry
Yes it can happen. I mean it happend to me
If he was serious he would not risk mentioning other women.
as a friend well then yes



peace out
He sounds conceited, no offense there. And yea I would never even joke about that when I was with my gf. Tell him it's buggin' you. If he doesn't stop then dump him. loll
Ask your self the same question, do you have an old boy friend that you still like. I think most of us do. Just because it didn't work out romantically, doesn't mean that person was bad or unlikeable, it just wasn't meant to be for you both.

Love and like, and similar but not the same emotions, as you can also love someone, but not be ';In love'; with them.

It seems, you are committed to each other, so just go live your lives, knowing that you will have old friends, male or female that you like.

But aren't in love with.
Im not a guy, but Ive had guys who say those same comments. The reason he says that is because he likes you so much that he is trying so hard to notice him like he is the stud of the show. He wants to be seen as wanted and the spotlight of all girls. Actually, all guys do that so we get a little jealous and concern about other girls being interested in him so you can be more into him before any other girl does, but they are just really full of it. Just tell him that you know what he mean because guys are all over you when you go out by yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment